Website Whole Foods
Provides support as a member of the Produce team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Produce floor and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Assists Team Leader in organizing and displaying volume and seasonal items.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to learn and understand growing processes that differentiate conventional from organic produce.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- May require use of ladders.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A