Website Whole Foods
Performs all duties related to cake, tart, pastry, and special-order decoration. Creates appealing designs on all specialty bakery goods. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices bakery products for sale.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Produces in-house products to daily par levels, as specified on production sheets.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Creatively decorates all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special-order items.
- Monitors product quality for freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Completes production and spoilage records, adjusting production sheets to maintain sufficient product.
- Assists with production of all mandatory bakery products (i.e. parfaits, bars, cupcakes).
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- May require use of ladders.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Good cake decorating skills (ability to make flowers and decorative borders; knowledge of elegant piping techniques).
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A