Website Whole Foods
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and develops / maintains awareness of new products.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports and labor.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Maintains good vendor relationships, develops new vendor relations, and ensures all paperwork is properly submitted for vendor processing.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Product knowledge.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A