Website Whole Foods
Provides support as a member of the Grocery team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the grocery floor and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Application Deadline: N/A