Website Whole Foods
Performs all functions relating to preparation, counter service, and stocking of product. Decorates and finishes cakes and pies. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Develops new recipes and production techniques to ensure seasonal variance and high productivity.
- Produces doughs, mixes, cakes, cookies, breakfast pastries, pies, and bars.
- Stocks dry products.
- Maintains all production modules in the Datapax system.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Produces quality breads and pastries.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Trains production personnel to the highest standards in industry.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Performs baking, cooling, wrapping, and labeling of products.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs production planning and forecasting for special events and holidays.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Demonstrates a passion for cleanliness.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- May require use of ladders.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of artisan breads and pastries, including cake decorating
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Basic computer skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, energy, and passion for baking the best breads and pastries.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A