Website Whole Foods
Provides support as a member of the Bakery team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Bakery area and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Stocks and cleans shelves, bins, and display areas.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- May require use of ladders.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A