Website Whole Foods
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at the customer service desk. Works to maintain attractive customer service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team Members.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cashier variance policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as directed by leadership.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong basic math skills
- Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Company: Whole Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A