- Learns and champions pharmacy policy, procedures, and customer service best practices needed to perform as a future pharmacist.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in delivering patient care and services that are within the state scope of practice for pharmacy interns including patient counseling and other health services (i.e. blood pressure, medication therapy management).
- Learn to provide the best patient experience through assisting the pharmacist and pharmacy team members in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing
- Complete special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Learn from store and pharmacy team members, field leadership, team members and customers/patients
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Develops strong relationships with customers.
- Immediately reports prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Performs duties as assigned and supervised by the pharmacist in accordance with Walgreens standard operating procedures for entering, third party processing, filling, and dispensing prescriptions.
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Complete required training
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Are you a current student enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy program?
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A