Website U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
As a Administrative Officer you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering complex administrative services including budget formulation; financial planning; budget tracking; procurement; contract administration; personnel management; travel management; property management; and records management.
- Ensures all expenses are obligated properly and promptly.
- Serves as lead for all tasks and activities associated with budget formulation and execution.
- Establishes budget account structures, reviews, and monitors funds, reconciles and adjusts funds as needed.
- Analyzes funding needs, trends, deficiencies, and areas of imbalance.
- Serves as primary resource on administrative issues.
- Responsible for tracking budget throughout the year and executing end of year closeout.
- Performs or directs the acquisition of necessary supplies and equipment; prepares all proper paperwork, maintains liaison with Regional
- Contracting and General Services office.
- Responsible for assuring all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for budget submissions are followed.
- Driver’s License: Selectees must possess and maintain a valid State driver’s license at all times during their tenure.
- Suitability for employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Official U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service uniform is required.
- Individuals assigned male at birth after 12-31-59 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Selectees may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Merit promotion applicants must meet time-in-grade requirement as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
Qualification & Experience:
- Possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the federal service.
Company: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A