Website US Embassy
Become a Consular Fellow and use your language proficiency in Chinese Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, and Arabic as part of a unique national service program working in U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.
- Working together with dedicated professionals, this public service opportunity provides valuable professional experience and you will develop and apply a wide range of skills, from managing resources to conducting public outreach.
- Consular Fellows adjudicate visa applications of foreign citizens seeking to come to the United States to visit, study, and work, and assist U.S. citizens traveling or living abroad. You are on the front lines of preventing fraud, combatting trafficking in persons, and protecting U.S. border security.
- New hire Consular Fellows may be eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program.
- The Consular Fellows Program is a limited non-career appointment of up to five years which directly supports the Department of State’s mission to provide overseas consular services that protect U.S. citizens, ensure U.S. national security, facilitate the entry of legitimate travelers, and foster economic growth at home.
- We are looking for motivated, culturally-aware, adaptable problem-solvers who have sound judgment and strong customer service skills and can retain their composure during stressful circumstances.
Company: US Embassy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A