Website US Embassy
This position is located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of the Executive Director (EX), Office of Information Technology (IT) Operations, U.S. Department of State (Department). The IT Specialist position is established to analyze/perform work necessary to secure, plan, design, develop, acquire, document, test, implement, integrate, maintain, or modify systems for solving problems or accomplishing work processes by using IT systems.
- Develops requirements for system improvements in server administration and lifecycle management of systems and applications.
- Provides full lifecycle support for all deployed systems/applications and new technologies on multiple networks and in cloud environments.
- Implements information security protections commensurate with the risk of potential harm resulting from unauthorized access of information systems.
- Creates and maintain documentation related to federal government laws and regulations to keep systems and networks properly accredited.
- Provides excellent customer support for internal and external customers and final resolution for datacenter related matters.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience applying knowledge of advanced IT principles and methods to ensure efficient delivery of IT security services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Experience reviewing proposed systems and networks for potential security risks.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required.
Company: US Embassy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A