Website US Embassy
You will help keep the technical resources that U.S. diplomats use safe and secure, as they work to advance our nation’s interests overseas. By implementing and maintaining the most sophisticated technical security programs, and training the teams who work on them, you will provide the technical expertise to keep our facilities, personnel and classified data from possible crime, terror and espionage threats. Every day, you will meet new challenges that broaden your expertise in the face of rapidly evolving technologies. And as you travel abroad and experience new cultures, you’re contributing to clearing a path toward greater peace and prosperity for people worldwide. Now you, too, have an opportunity to impact the future of diplomacy.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Master of Science (MS), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from an Engineering or Physics program that must be in a School of Engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- SEO candidates must meet supplemental physical standards including, but not limited to, additional vision and hearing requirements. The standards for the SEO position can be found at https://careers.state.gov/downloads in the Four Conditions of Diplomatic Security Employment section.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong command of the English language to include grammar, spelling, and punctuation. A Foreign Service Specialist must consistently display a high standard of written English (overall structure as well as grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and spoken (overall structure as well as delivery, clarity, and succinctness).
- Be appointed prior to age 60 (preference eligible veterans excepted).
- Be able to obtain a favorable Suitability Review Panel determination.
- Obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Be at least 20 years old and at least 21 years old to be appointed.
- Be a U.S. citizen and available for worldwide service.
- Be able to obtain an appropriate Foreign Service Medical Clearance.
Company: US Embassy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Application Deadline: N/A