The Associate Manager, Media role is part of the Marketing Transformation Team. We’re the visionaries of the future and make it happen. We get to the heart of what matters, distilling complexity to simple, big ideas. You have the opportunity to drive transformational change working cross-functionally to impact our marketing capabilities. Being human-centered is the core of our business, and we’re looking for you to reimagine the way we work in the ever evolving media landscape to better serve our consumers. This position focuses on media investment strategy/partnerships, industry trends/future bets, and evolving best practices. You will guide 1) capability building ie Search, Video, Audio 2) Improve ways of working ie operations, enterprise investment, efficiency/automation to drive growth.
- Support Transformation of Media Personalization: Partner with multiple teams (CRM, Insights, Measurement, Retail) on our journey to ensure more of our paid media is personalized.
- Project Support & Best Practices for the Evolving Media Function: Assist Associate Director, Media with project management, problem solving, and investigation of important and emerging topics facing the industry. Provide media expertise, strategic insight, and project management on initiatives that transform Marketing’s ability to drive growth and improve efficiency. Bring a curiosity of emerging industry trends and ability to communicate the implications and opportunities to the group. Contribute to key initiatives i.e. Cookieless World with proactive project management and ability to work with varied constituents to solve problems and develop new approaches.
- Capability Development and Excellence (Audience Governance, Media Measurement, Tech Stack, Brand Safety): Act as resource for Enterpise ensuring Clorox is utilizing best practices and innovative approaches to activating, optimizing, and measuring media channels. Help establish recommended approach/benchmarks; contribute to evaluation of strategic partners that drive innovation. Help elevate 1st Party Data and the role of data to impact strategies and tactics. Track progress against key capabilities in order to drive scale of learnings across Brands. Partnership ambassador working with the agency and manage partnership negotiations.
- Agency experience in media investment or strategy (cross channel, digital, and/or social media) and/or experience with a major digital platform (YouTube, Facebook, streaming video, audio services, etc.) with proven negotiation, project management, and communication skills
- Strong influencing, communication, and presentation skills; project leadership/management and teamwork skills in cross-functional planning and execution
- Familiarity with Programmatic buying, demand side platform (DSP) landscape and enabling ad tech technologies
- Solid understanding of media analysis/media math and aperture based media planning/investment foundation
- Years and Type of Experience: Minimum 5 years Agency and/or Client side with relevant experience in media planning, media buying (traditional and digital).
- Education Level/Degree: Bachelor’s Degree – Communications, Advertising, or related field is preferred
- Skills and Abilities
- Up to date on latest media trends, innovations, and consumer behavior with a passion for uncovering & evangelizing emerging opportunities
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with good time management skills; ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A