The Analytics Associate Manager will be the point person for the Direct-to-Consumer Analytics & Data Science team for 1-2 brands. You’ll act as a collaborative partner to our Brand, Omnichannel, Product, Acquisition, and Retention teams in order to help them understand performance across channels, products, customers, and brands (Burts Bee’s, Brita and a family of VMS lines). You’ll use your data & analysis expertise to develop new metrics/KPIs, design measurement solutions, spot patterns, visualize trends, diagnose over/under performance, optimize existing channels/campaigns, identify test & learn opportunities, and proactively surface potential growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in marketing and media metrics (i.e. you speak in the language of CAC, LTV, ROAS) with a strong balance of technical expertise in analytics and the ability to make relevant recommendations to marketing & product stakeholders that tell persuasive, relevant stories with data. You love marketing analytics, experimentation, traffic trends, and customer behavior. A good day is one where you feel like you’ve had a real impact on the business and the teams you collaborate with. You ask critical questions, consistently seeking to find creative solutions to data challenges.
- Monitor cohort and conversion funnel analyses to identify key user behavior trends and make recommendations to optimize results
- Analyze current business performance to develop baselines and forecasting models by marketing channel and customer segment
- Mine existing marketing and customer data to uncover broader trends and understand how activity is driving business results beyond quick-win optimizations
- Collaborate with marketing and product stakeholders to determine data and reporting requirements for new features/campaigns
- Clearly scope deep dive analysis projects with marketing and product stakeholders
- Consult with marketing on experimental design and provide support on test evaluation
- Proactively dig into data to surface insights and tie results to actionable business recommendations.
- Own the reporting/measurement solutions used to align cross functional teams on key metrics, spend and performance
- Help marketing and product partners develop testable hypotheses and insights that leverage different customer profiles, lifetime value, and purchase propensities to build on audience tactics
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses to identify root causes and understand key business drivers
- Dig under the hood to help the brand understand what is performing well, where untapped opportunities exist, and where there are underlying performance issues to address
- Connect channel performance to longer term customer behaviors (CLV, repurchase rates, etc.) beyond the initial conversion tied to a channel, campaign or promotion.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and data visualization skills
- Experience with design & analysis of experiments with solid knowledge of common methods of experimental design in marketing and/or product
- Experience using web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.) and BI platforms (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tell a succinct, cohesive, persuasive story with data, focused on actionable insights and clear recommendations
- 4+ years of work experience in marketing/digital/business analytics, with at least 2 years in e-commerce or consumer tech preferred
- Expert SQL skills
- Knowledge of common digital marketing and direct response channels, media performance metrics, and marketing funnel optimization
- Strong business acumen with the ability to blend business strategy, analytical expertise, and technical ability to answer ambiguous, complex business questions
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative field; Masters preferred.
- Technical proficiency in Python or R
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A