Website Schnuck Markets
This is not an official job description, but represents major responsibilities a new hire can expect to perform.
- Check and maintain the proper temperature controls for coolers, freezers and cutting room
- Maintain cleanliness of work area, equipment and meat cases following company safety and sanitation guidelines
- Cut and prepare all cuts of meat including blocking beef, pork, lamb& veal
- Grinding meat
- Suggestive selling and product sampling
- Receive product from our warehouse
- Provide friendly and courteous service to customers
- Know how to use all tools including power tools ( saws,grinder,cubing machine,sealer,wrapper machine Weigh, Wrap, label and price product
- Cube steaks & patty steaks
- Prepare product for the service meat case
- Stock, straighten and rotate product in meat cases and coolers
- Read and understand shelf tags
- Follow company safety guidelines when using equipment
- Provide customers with proper cooking instructions
- Clean all meat equipment and tools.
- Know how to perform work in service meat department.
- At closing, pull product from service meat case for proper storage
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of store management
- Must be in good standing (not on a performance improvement plan or active discipline).
- If invited for an interview, must have manager approval based on performance.
- Store/Facility Teammates: minimum of six months employment with Schnucks.
- Store Support Center Teammates: minimum of one year employment with Schnucks.
- Working on feet entire shift (8 hours)
- Work in cold wet environment
- Must be able to lift up to 125-150 pounds
Company: Schnuck Markets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bridgeton, MO, USA
Application Deadline: N/A