Website Royal Mail
Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved brands. Every day, we’re bringing letters and parcels to people around the country; something that communities across the UK rely on. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
- Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you’ll need to be a bit flexible)
- Work part-time hours between the hours of 08:30 and 14:30
- Sort the mail for your route
- Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
- Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Good level of fitness: There’s up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues’ holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
- Excellent organisation: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
- Upbeat and self-motivated: You’ll be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we’re there, six days a week. That means you’ll need to be happy being out and about.
- A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred. Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, GB
Application Deadline: N/A