Website Nissan Motor Corporation
We are looking for an experienced ML AI Researcher II to research and develop algorithms for Mobility & Smart City using data from connected and autonomous vehicles, smart infrastructure & ecosystem (e.g. Energy).
The Alliance Innovation Lab in Silicon Valley, a strategic outpost of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi automotive group, is seeking qualified researchers to contribute to next-generation intelligent mobility concepts. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and applying algorithms that utilize intelligent & autonomous vehicles to address key challenges such as road safety, traffic flow & congestion, fleet management, energy optimization. You will develop algorithms that leverage vehicle technologies inc. V2X, smart infrastructure, real and/or simulated data, etc. in order to provide value to the customer, businesses & future society. The Lab provides opportunities to validate the algorithms in simulation as well as in real world environments.
- Collaborate across disciplines, with other researchers, engineers, designers, and social scientists, to account for aspects of the problem that might otherwise be overlooked
- Transportation & Traffic Flow Management
- Data Analysis & Simulation of Traffic Events
- Communicate work effectively through presentations reports, and documentation
- Reinforcement Learning
- Architect re-usable and re-configurable modules with sensible designs, clear interfaces, well-prescribed assumptions, and well-documented code
- Given concrete application contexts and stakeholder objectives, frame research problems and propose methods for addressing them that demonstrate working knowledge of the state of the art and its limitations
- Identify requirements of and opportunities for novel applications in the domain of intelligent Mobility (e.g. Smart Cities), and work in a team to realize advanced technology concepts
- Job functions include:
- Prototype ideas through software development, leveraging off-the-shelf models, libraries, and tools to your advantage and designing new algorithms as needed
- Maintain and expand knowledge about research advances and tools by reading papers, maintaining connections with academic and industry research networks, attending conferences, participating in professional organizations, and identifying educational opportunities.
- Probabilistic Modeling & Decision Making – e.g. MDP
- Conduct Research in the areas of Autonomous Vehicles, Vehicle Grid Integration, Smart City Integration, Traffic Management, Energy Management.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages in Python, Java and C++
- Experience with ML frameworks & utilities (e.g. AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow, PyTorch) and Simulation Tools (e.g. Sumo)
- PhD in Computer Science, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Civil & Transportation Engineering or a related field, or a MS with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Track record of publications in top-tier Computer Science venues [e.g. AAAI, NeurIPS, ICML, IROS, ICRA], Industrial Conferences or experience filing patents
- Research expertise and in-depth knowledge in more than one of the technical areas listed above
- Ability to develop quality relationships with local partners and across cultural boundaries
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with state-of-the-art simulators
- PhD or Master’s Degree (with relevant experience) in Computer Science, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Civil & Transportation Engineering or a related field with a focus on Mobility, Traffic & Smart City areas.
- Authorship of relevant software/libraries available for download on, e.g., GitHub
- Experience working with ROS, ideally both in simulation using tools like rviz and running code on a real robot
- Experience working on autonomous / connected vehicles, in simulation or in the real world
- Experience in working in a collaborative research lab
- Hands on experience with the common tools, cloud platforms and frameworks in ML (e.g. Flow, AWS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A