Website Nissan Motor Corporation
This role will be responsible for providing engineering support to assigned areas in manufacturing, maintenance, and facility operations. Recommends, plans, coordinates, documents, and implements plant and process control systems on a company wide basis. Develops specifications for new models and modifications to existing models to improve production uptime in assigned areas. Provides guidance and leadership to lower level engineers. Coordinates with contractors in assigned areas to provide engineering support, technical assistance, and training. Communicates with suppliers to provide guidelines, specifications, and engineering support to ensure Nissan goals of quality, cost, and delivery. Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
- Provides specification, design, and installation support for manufacturing, production control, and facility operations; ensures all equipment, facility systems, and utilities in assigned areas are in an acceptable state of operation and repair.
- Trains and supports contract staff in assigned areas; provides emergency engineering response to daily manufacturing support problems; provides system maintenance and management support by monitoring system performance conducting operating system tuning and system troubleshooting; updates and modifies the preventative maintenance program.
- Communicates with suppliers concerning performance of their products, improvement, and potential cost savings; works with suppliers to investigate new technologies for improved manufacturing methods and higher quality products, and to resolve problems and concerns.
- Provides system problem solving; ensures continuous reliability and uptime improvement, accuracy and ease of use enhancements, analysis of trends and symptoms, and identification of missing or misleading information in assigned areas.
- Assists with new project development and resource and budget planning within assigned areas; facilitates project folder preparation, project management, and model and capacity studies with budget development.
- Monitors and records process system and equipment changes; updates and maintains electrical, schematic, and mechanical drawings for new and modified equipment in assigned areas; develops and implements safety procedures for equipment in assigned areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university required; Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical is preferred.
- Ability to develop conceptual level designs and cost estimates for future model studies. Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, welding, and mechanical fields. Must have above average troubleshooting and computer skills, and be capable of working without close supervision.
- Knowledge engineering standards, ISO14000, federal, state, and local laws relating to safety, electric, and building codes.
- Ability to lead and provide direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to create specialized applications or products of a highly technical nature.
- Six to ten years of related experience at a professional level.
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decherd, TN, USA
Application Deadline: N/A