Website Nissan Motor corporation
The Alliance Innovation Lab in Silicon Valley, a strategic outpost of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi automotive group, is seeking qualified researchers to contribute to next-generation intelligent mobility concepts. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and applying algorithms that utilize intelligent & autonomous vehicles to address key challenges such as road safety, traffic flow & congestion, fleet management, energy optimization. You will develop algorithms that leverage vehicle technologies inc. V2X, smart infrastructure, real and/or simulated data, etc. in order to provide value to the customer, businesses & future society. The Lab provides opportunities to validate the algorithms in simulation as well as in real world environments.
- Architect re-usable and re-configurable modules with sensible designs, clear interfaces, well-prescribed assumptions, and well-documented code
- Identify requirements of and opportunities for novel applications in the domain of intelligent Mobility (e.g. Smart Cities), and work in a team to realize advanced technology concepts
- Conduct Research in the areas of Autonomous Vehicles, Vehicle Grid Integration, Smart City Integration, Traffic Management, Energy Management.
- Collaborate across disciplines, with other researchers, engineers, designers, and social scientists, to account for aspects of the problem that might otherwise be overlooked
- Given concrete application contexts and stakeholder objectives, frame research problems and propose methods for addressing them that demonstrate working knowledge of the state of the art and its limitations
- Prototype ideas through software development, leveraging off-the-shelf models, libraries, and tools to your advantage and designing new algorithms as needed
- Maintain and expand knowledge about research advances and tools by reading papers, maintaining connections with academic and industry research networks, attending conferences, participating in professional organizations, and identifying educational opportunities.
- Communicate work effectively through presentations reports, and documentation
- PhD in Computer Science, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Civil & Transportation Engineering or a related field, or a MS with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Track record of publications in top-tier Computer Science venues [e.g. AAAI, NeurIPS, ICML, IROS, ICRA], Industrial Conferences or experience filing patents
- Experience with ML frameworks & utilities (e.g. AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow, PyTorch) and Simulation Tools (e.g. Sumo)
- Research expertise and in-depth knowledge in more than one of the technical areas listed above
- Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages in Python, Java and C++
- Ability to develop quality relationships with local partners and across cultural boundaries
Company: Nissan Motor corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A