Website Nissan Motor corporation
Analyzes consumer credit applications to determine the credit worthiness of applicants. Determines the risk level based on an evaluation and assessment of the Credit Bureau and other sources. Negotiates tiers and term and reviews deal structure with dealers. Negotiates with dealers on escalated deal requests, providing support and guidance for Credit Level I and II analysts. Assists in monitoring workflow and ensuring appropriate staffing levels and coverage. Develops and maintains a positive business relationship with the dealers, providing customer service and support.
- Builds and maintains dealer relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Analyzes the credit risk of potential lease and retail customers and confirms or denies loans. Negotiates decisions, tiers, and terms on applications, approvals and declines.
- Negotiates with dealers on disputed loan or lease decisions made by Credit Analyst’s Level I and II. Assists analysts with escalated dealer calls.
- Monitors credit application and inbound call workflow to ensure coverage of queues and calls.
- Assists in the training of new credit analysts to properly administer credit policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Field Sales team to promote and maintain positive relations with the dealer base.
- Evaluates credit applications based on information received from credit bureau reports and various other sources
- Performs side-by-side coaching and guidance of Analysts to ensure quality and consistency of lease and retail purchase decisions.
- Utilizes risk scoring and credit analysis to administer a risk-based pricing finance program.
- Reviews loan and lease decisions by analysts for compliance with underwriting policy.
- Bachelor Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer credit analysis and approval process.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
- Computer use to look up data or information, to generate/print standard reports or spreadsheets developed by others, or to use computer programs developed by others.
- Three years consumer credit buying experience – preferably automotive. As an NMAC employee, must have rotated through 2 regions. In addition, 2 years of experience in Sales Finance &/or NMAC experience in other departments is required.
- Good problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
Company: Nissan Motor corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A