We are Nestlé Nespresso Canada and we are proud to be one of Nestlé’s fastest growing business units. Our team of passionate entrepreneurs have made Nespresso the benchmark for coffee capsules and one of the most recognized brands in the world. We owe our growth to our commitment to research and development in order to always stay one step ahead and to serve as a benchmark in the coffee capsule sector. We are also proud to be able to offer premium quality coffees that consumers can savour in the comfort of their own home or away from home, in restaurants, hotels, offices or in luxury retailers. We stand for quality through our careful and thoughtful approach, from the way we source our ingredients, to how we manufacture our products and market our high-quality coffees. Nespresso is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, but is present in more than 60 countries and has more than 12,000 employees worldwide. To learn more, visit www.nespresso.com.
- Follow receiving in the system and investigate differences. Report variances using the Logistics Complaint Tool Communicate with transport companies to prioritize deliveries and investigate delays when necessary.
- Leverage efficient planning (and related processes) to ensure availability of goods and services as a key competitive advantage and to achieve operational targets.
- Maintain updated activity overview (promotions, marketing plans and launching new products), properly timed and quantified from inputs received from Boutiques, E-Com, Trade, Marketing, B2B and Club.
- Ensure all incoming goods have required Purchase Order (PO).
- Generate periodic predictions based on historical information, using integrated information systems and applying statistical models to the behavior of each SKU in order to ensure the level of detail needed for decision making.
- Review periodic indicator of demand forecast accuracy as calculated by HQ to trigger corrective actions towards continuous improvement of performance.
- Manage backorder situation and develop recovery plans with suppliers, as well as execute and improve shortage allocation policies to optimize service to customers. Ensure pro-active, timely and accurate availability comments to our customers.
- Check the Forecast Consistency with the objectives of the Company.
- Detect and propose opportunities for improvement, particularly as regards procedures for Planning demand and related information systems support in order to contribute to the maximization of the area.
- Be a key contributor to the Monthly Business Planning process (MBP) in the market providing insights & risks to the Business for decision making
- 5-7 years overall experience in logistic or distribution with at least 2 years experiences as Demand Planner.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel)
- Autonomous/independent with the abilities to implement Company policies and guidelines
- Team Player
- Use of Information Systems and Information Technology
- University Degree or equivalent; preferably with a specialization in Supply Chain/Logistics 7+ years at Executive Assistant level in a busy commercial environment
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling of budgets and resources and targets
- Fluent in English and French
- Stress resistant and hard worker
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge.
- Negotiation and influencing skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A