The role of the Packaging Specialist is to manage packaging exploration, innovation and project development for different liquid beverage applications across all Nestle global businesses. Responsibilities include the entire development process; from front end innovation, idea exploration and creation, staging through development; industrialization and post launch evaluation.
- Develop innovative, consumer centric packaging concepts & solutions for beverage applications.
- Co-develop equipment for new packaging concepts together with partners and suppliers.
- Develop an effective knowledge network within the group, with suppliers and universities.
- Attend and lead technical validation trials both in house and at external suppliers.
- Prepare documentation on technical specifications for our suppliers, purchasing and transfer of development projects into production, including testing plan and training modules for operations and skills evaluation.
- Optimize current packaging solutions via Fit for Purpose activities to reduce cost and material usage where possible.
- Constantly update knowledge of consumer and retail trends, new competitive and fringe packaging and technologies, new and unique materials and design applications and processes.
- Support the innovation recycle-ready roadmap by generating new packaging propositions that align with Nestle sustainability initiatives and reduce GHG with required packaging interventions.
- Deliver solutions by developing ideas from initial white space, concept through development to implementation, collaborating with internal and external parties (design agencies, trend analytics, suppliers, creative teams, marketing, global regions, etc.)
- BS in Engineering, Industrial Design, Packaging or Mechanical/Plastics/Processing.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Packaging Development.
- Creative thinker and visionary; driven to bring and develop fresh packaging ideas
- Proven expertise on packaging materials and related technologies.
- Passionate on sustainability and willing to proactively drive the change towards 100% sustainable packaging.
- Creative and driven to bring and develop fresh packaging ideas.
- Experienced in manufacturing processes for the beverage industry (preferably aseptic or hot-fill).
- Experienced in project management and functional leadership.
- Ability to take on broad, complex project tasks and to engage the appropriate resources to provide support.
- Ability to challenge team members and management with equal effectiveness to influence decisions.
- Good communicator, motivated and team player.
- Agility and capacity to deliver a diversity of projects in parallel.
- Flexibility to travel for short and mid-term missions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Marysville, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A