As an Internal Retirement Specialist, you’ll provide retirement plan expertise to participants. You’ll act as a consultant to provide specific education and advice based on the individual participants unique needs.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends, competitive intelligence, state legislation, market movements and investment changes/performance to advise and consult with the field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors.
- Completes account reviews as requested by participants to analyze individual risk assessment and advise on asset allocation options based on individual results. May offer additional services, e.g., ProAccount for those individuals who prefer automatic account management.
- Provides education to participants to understand individual retirement distributions, transfers or consolidation needs.
- Receives inbound calls from participants and provides education and guidance regarding their retirement plan. Uses plan-specific and industry expertise to provide information specific to the participant’s individual retirement plan.
- Builds strategic relationships with field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors through advising and consulting, in support of business unit sales goals.
- Calculates retirement projections for participants as requested and provides counsel on results.
- Acts as a consultant providing retirement plan expertise, recommendations, and practice management advice to field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors within assigned territory(s).
- Initiates calls to targeted participants to discuss contribution levels and encourage appropriate increases in deferrals to support retirement goals.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: In-depth knowledge of insurance and financial products. Knowledge of defined contribution plans preferred. Must have a drive for results, ability for relationship building and positive outlook. Proven consultative selling/advising skills and ability to follow processes. Strong time management/organization skills, receptive to coaching and customer focused. Ability to balance multiple priorities with excellent communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- License/Certification/Designation: FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses, Life and Health license are required. Associates must acquire the required federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails to acquire required licenses/registrations within the designated time period, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
- Education: Undergraduate studies business, finance, communications, marketing or related field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in a relationship/sales driven position. Experience in a sales call center environment preferred, as well as financial services background.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A