As a Consultant, you’ll work on assignments reflecting a high degree of technical complexity and coordination to collect, build and communicate data and recommendations. You’ll perform statistical analyses, prepare recommendations and monitor the company’s competitive position. You’ll partner with enterprise resources to acquire market, industry and consumer insights relative to business unit.
- Uses relationships with business partners to complete assignments. Makes presentations to corporate and executive audiences.
- Retrieves and manipulates data, accountable for suitability and accuracy of data.
- Updates Competitive Intelligence and serves as subject matter authority for tools and reports; may be responsible for updating and validating complex coding in various applications and/or vendor software.
- Participates on and leads interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Evaluates and documents new techniques, methodologies and software to support research projects. Under supervision, develops project plans to support projects. May act as the lead for selected projects and manage project completion timelines and work of team.
- Completes applicable testing of company and competitor rates that are available through competitive intelligence tools.
- Conducts analyses by selecting appropriate data sources and methods, makes assumptions, recognizes considerations and develops recommendations. May be asked to investigate hypotheses through additional research and analysis. Notes unreasonable results/non-optimal solutions, investigates, suggests alternative resolutions.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external business partners in a variety of mediums. Expresses analytical findings and trains users on tools and processes.
- Works on special assignments. May work on projects with little-to-no direction and develop project plans, requirements, timelines, deliverables, etc. May collaborate or lead competitive intelligence project teams.
- Participates in ad hoc analyses. More complex work is reviewed. Applies data mining techniques to discover new relationships in the data. Participates in the project planning process.
- Participates in peer reviews. Reviews work of peers and has work reviewed by them. May assist with training new associates and business partners outside the unit on standard work procedures and processes. May participate in interview activities.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, computer science, business, finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, management information systems or related field with a strong quantitative orientation preferred.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Strong knowledge of mathematics, statistics and/or probability principles.
- Proven analytical skills and knowledge of products and terminology, as well as competitive landscape in area of assignment. Demonstrated work product accuracy and timeliness.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and analyze competitive intelligence data, think logically and make observations or recommendations to business partners based on data.
- Ability to use database software, which may include SAS, SQL or other applications.
- Experience: Typically, eight to ten years demonstrated of experience in a business unit (e.g., pricing, actuarial, product) or combined experience and educational equivalent.
- Programming and/or web development experience desired.
- License/Certification/Designation: SAS certification a plus. Insurance licenses or designations such as CPCU, ARM, CLU, ChFC, FLMI, CFP, NASD, etc. also are a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brea, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A