As a Senior Consultant, you’ll function as the highest-level subject matter authority for business development. You will plan and deliver sales development programs that directly support business growth. You’ll develop business cases for new sales expansion or coverage improvement opportunities in the largest target market(s) and negotiate and influences leadership on pursuit.
- Presents and uses market conduct and return on investment reports to influence strategic decisions.
Develops and maintains business relationships with key groups and/or individuals for the purpose of sales expansion.
- Develops and delivers large sales development programs in support of business unit, segment or sales channel productivity goals. Ensures that initiatives and plans are consistent with the company’s long-term vision and direction.
- Partners with Technology, Marketing, Sales, etc. to assess, evaluate and establish sales expansion opportunities.
- Partners with Marketing to develop promotional materials.
- Utilizes subject matter expertise to lead business development planning and strategy projects.
- Selects and recommends the largest or most crucial existing markets or channels to improve sales coverage.
- Develops large-scale business development presentations for delivery to leadership.
- May direct associate management, including performance management, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement and disciplinary actions.
- Manages all communications, conflict resolution and compliance with contractual agreements within assigned target market.
- Forecasts and develops business cases for pursuit of new sales expansion or coverage improvement opportunities within the largest or most crucial target markets. Presents business cases to leadership.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Expert understanding of sales, marketing and business development practices. Proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Strong eye for business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively connect with others.
- Proven ability to understand and analyze business information needs, analyze data requests and develop relationships.
- Strong customer focus, dedication to results and optimistic.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of ten years of sales or business development experience, preferably in the insurance or financial services industries.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business administration or related field preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brea, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A