Website National Park Service
The Department of Interior places a high value on diversity of experience and cultural perspectives and encourages applications from all interested eligible candidates, including candidates from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, women, LGBT individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible fro operation of computerized dispatch consoles and related equipment in the course of serving as the primary point of contact for law enforcement, emergency medical, wildland fire, and search and rescue incidents.
- You must be able to independently coordinate appropriate response to emergency incidents and complete appropriate documentation.
- You will operate public safety computer networks and maintain appropriate certification; follow state and federal guidelines and protocols; and routinely use computers and programs for record management.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A