- Collaborates with DC network leaders on productivity, accuracy, safety and/or staffing projects as assigned and/or as identified.
- Aligns operational budget with company objectives and timelines. Aligns DC capital projects to ensure on-time and within-budget completion.
- Partners with the HRM regarding new hire/peak planning, hiring, training and productivity efforts. Partners with HR as appropriate to address team member issues/concerns.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop, implement, and communicate appropriate action plans to address team member engagement objectives.
- Advocates and leads safety efforts for the DC, including attendance at SIRs and determining resulting remedial actions.
- Monitors processes to ensure compliance and consistency with SOPs; leads process optimization efforts as necessary.
- Leads/completes other duties as identified or assigned, including DC Network projects.
- Plans and coordinates DC workload to ensure daily goals and objectives are achieved accurately and efficiently. Addresses productivity and accuracy issues as necessary, collaborating with DC leaders regarding performance and/or customer service issues.
- Participates in succession planning and mentoring of Leadership Team members for professional development.
- Proven track record of managing projects, particularly working across organizational lines
- Infrequent bending, stooping, kneeling and twisting
- Available for overnight travel for training, meetings, projects, etc.
- Infrequent light lifting/carrying of items of varying weight
- This position is based in a climate-controlled office setting but will have regular exposure to the warehouse, which features extreme temperatures dependent on external climate and proximity to dock doors/exits
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate persuasively in both verbal and written form
- Regular sitting when working in an office environment
- Practices “Respectful Workplace” behaviors at all times
- Models effective organizational/time management abilities to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Repetitive motion and movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Demonstrates active listening to fully understand issues and exercises strong decision-making ability reflecting that understanding
- Exposure to moderate noise level from DC conveyor/sortation system and powered industrial equipment when in the warehouse
- Able to work a flexible schedule, and recognizes the need to alter schedule, particularly in a multi-shift organization
- Regular standing/walking, both in the office area and within the warehouse
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and demonstrated proficiency with related technology applications, including WMS applications
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years’ Operations Management experience in DC/manufacturing environment preferred, demonstrating a track record of leadership to drive operational success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business or equivalent preferred
- In-depth understanding of Michaels’ SOPs and policies and/or those of similar organizations
- Advanced degree is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A