- Implementation of change management initiative by communicating effectively, taking the lead in change management within market(s), and ensuring accountability for change.
- Coordinate with business partners to implement, deliver, support and assess effectiveness of training and development solutions in the areas of new team member orientation & on-boarding, instructor led learning experiences, online and on-the-job training.
- Provides language interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Lead a variety of engagement activities and processes both corporately and regionally applied, such as round tables, orientation, on-boarding, culture surveys, etc.
- Identify, monitor and assess need for team member and leadership development.
- Measures various areas of compliance and performance (standards, meeting reports, etc.), with synthesis of multiple data points to appropriately respond and effectively communicate next actions or solutions.
- Case log data entry and maintenance.
- Leadership, coordination and collaboration with partners on a wide range of regional projects such as new store opening process, retention and recruitment strategies, process improvement, etc.
- Collaborate with regional HR team on the development of effective performance management including performance appraisals, giving and receiving feedback, competency development and assessments.
- Manages grievance/dispute resolution process.
- Facilitates career paths, succession planning and workforce planning discussions.
- Provides interpretation of company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and workers’ compensation.
- Trains leadership on best practices regarding employee and labor relations.
- Coaches Store Directors, Line Leaders and Team Leaders on how to maximize performance.
- Proactively identify issues and solutions to implement and support complex region/market projects and initiatives.
- Participates in community events, under the direction of Regional Human Resource Director, that support the mission of the region, such as United Way or other organizations as applicable to the market/region.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required. Store assignments may be added or changed as required.
- Conducts needs assessments, training, the facilitation of small and large groups in meetings and workshops, and partners in the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Recruitment and retention of team members to include interviewing and on-boarding.
- Supports talent management strategies through engagement with and monitoring of team members in pivotal or rotational roles.
- Provides consultation, direction and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective actions, terminations and EEOC matters affecting employment.
- Investigates employee complaints or policy violations.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems applications.
- Previous case management experience (to include corrective action processes, termination, conflict mediation, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bay City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A