- Ensures the leadership team is assigning daily work assignments for the team members.
- Reviews Customer Surveys and customer feedback from previous week or day.
- Spends majority of time on sales floor communicating with customers and team members to ensure exceptional service is being delivered by organizing and maintaining the Remarkable Service Board.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team meetings and conversations.
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service.
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths and identifying development needs for the Team Leaders.
- Achievement of budgeted lines in P&L.
- Is responsible for following all compliance procedures within the store.
- Consistent and reliable attendance required.
- Supervises the execution of Corporate plans to ensure that all services and products are effectively managed to maximize sales and productivity.
- Other daily tasks as required.
- Mentors and coaches the Team Leaders and Team Members to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded to Meijer standards.
- Develops, plans and implements Corporate processes to achieve goals including shrink, margin, profit, sales, labor.
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stockloss/shrink and takes appropriate action.
- Supervises, develops and trains staff ensuring the team is thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction.
- Successful completion of all required certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and team leaders.
- Rotational assignments in other areas of the store are helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict by addressing root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Duty trained to run the store in the absence of Store Director.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- 6-10 years of related experience in the field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Traverse City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A