At McDonald’s, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
- Responsible for building and managing the RMHC Canada Board Calendar, as well as Regional Chapters & RMHC Canada’s National Meetings Calendar
- Imagine Canada – Responsible for the annual compliance report, and reaccreditation process (2024-2025).
- RMHC Global – Execute the annual reporting requirement process.
- Responsible for the execution and summaries of Stakeholder Surveys
- Responsible for complaints tracking and the annual summary report.
- RMHC Canada Compliance Checklist – provide quarterly updates to the team.
- Responsible for updating policies and executing the sign-off process annually for the Director and Staff Policies.
- Governance Committee: Execute key documents and updates for quarterly Governance Committee meetings and pre-read package, as required.
- Online Board Portal: Ongoing oversight, management and optimization.
- Board Meetings x4: Coordinate and execute key documents for quarterly Board Pre-Read package, including content for theBusiness Review, and Performance Dashboard/Executive Summary Operational Update.
- Organizational Governance Documents: Execute updates to key governance and regulatory documents: by-laws, meeting minutes, annual regulatory filings, policies, insurance coverages, board / staff job descriptions, terms of reference and committee governance documents.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- A passion for social impact, purpose-driven work and actively demonstrates McDonald’s values.
- The following skills are considered an asset:
- Bilingualism (English / French)
- Experience with secondary research, distilling key findings into digestible summaries.
- An understanding of marketing, communications, and fundraising principles.
- Familiarity with CRM programs and online board portals.
- Knowledge of best practices in charitable governance, including the Imagine Canada Standards Accreditation program.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills paired with strong interpersonal skills to proactively build strong, high-trust relationships, and effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success with MS Office and Survey Monkey
- Ability to apply sound judgement, take initiative and deliver results within a fast-paced multi-stakeholder environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience; relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A