- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Interfaces with IT as a user on systems development and refinement to improve operations, productivity and service levels.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Responsible for generating reports to management.
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and committed to superior customer service.
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with organizational growth.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. Develops and enforces Safe / Smart work practices. Ensures compliance with AOSE and safety program.
- Ability to perform presentations to the retail division and Sr. management when needed.
- Responsible for the development of training programs and ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Responsible for management of all aspects of inventory control.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each of the operations departments.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the management of distribution department and all that it entails: Ensuring we meet or exceed our goals and targets, coach and counsel direct reports.
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management, negotiation skill, strategic and tactical planning skill, problem analysis skill, staff development skill, written and oral communication skill, and creativity.
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Interpersonal competencies to include: integrity and trust, adaptability, leadership, motivation ability, coaching and mentoring skills, and initiative. Proactive, responsive, detail-oriented and gets things done.
- Must possess exceptional leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal with them directly
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around facility or department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A