The primary function of the Assistant Store Manager – Administration (ASM) is to oversee store programs through effective delegation and management of work, employees, time, and resources, including securing appropriate staff coverage and assisting in the recruitment/selection processes. This also includes overseeing the opening and closing procedures in the store, overseeing handling cash deposits and outflow for a multimillion dollar business, and ensuring store compliance with all safety procedures. Also responsible for increasing sales and maximizing profit margins through forecasting, sales reports, store promotions/programs, and managing inventory.
- Minimum of 3 years previous Retail Management experience in a big box environment, supervising large teams, including hiring and coaching of employees;
- Previous experience in the home improvement industry is advantageous;
- Functional knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and retail management practices and procedures;
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching, counseling and developing associates in a retail environment;
- A strong customer service orientation and focus;
- Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills;
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment;
- An Associate’s or Bachelor s Degree in Business is preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A