As a Loss Control Consultant, you’ll provide services to a large portfolio of complex accounts in multiple lines of business, influencing profitability, retention and creating a valued customer experience within a collaborative environment. We’ll count on you to determine effective controls, make improvement recommendations and differentiate classes of business. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference for our customers and company as you build and grow internal and external relationships, while continually growing your skills and expertise.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, leadership, peers and subject matter experts in a collaborative environment to gather and share information that helps our customers succeed.
- Creates, presents and coordinates technical training and publications for internal and external customers.
- Communicates technical information effectively both verbally and in writing through preparation of technical reports in a state-of-the-art workflow environment.
- Actively participates in career development activities and training.
- Applies the highest-level technical expertise to help lead as a subject matter expert for at least one line of business or practice.
- Provides services to influence profitability and retention. Creates and recommends service objectives based upon customer goals, risk assessment results and loss analysis.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships customers and business partners. Functions as an ongoing resource and contact person with a high level of expertise.
- Meets with customers to identify hazards and exposures by conducting complex risk assessments to determine the effectiveness of controls and identify technically sound recommendations for risk improvement. Assigns an appropriate line of business rating based on professional judgment and company guidance.
- Researches customer’s operations, industry and technical information to prepare for site surveys, service work, meetings, presentations and projects.
- Consults with customers, providing observations, solutions and support to meet business needs. Creates and recommends service objectives based on customer goal assessments and loss analysis. Identifies service opportunities based on loss trends and other data.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: General knowledge of safety and risk management practices and principles, including regulatory (Occupational Safety and Health Administration [OSHA], Department of Transportation [DOT], etc.) and national consensus standards (NFPA, etc.) preferred.
- Complete understanding of the commercial insurance business process, the ability to market services and influence others of a course of action.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Must possess a desire to learn, grow and develop skills. Ability to prioritize work and time.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and learn/use applicable systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- License/Certification/Designation: A minimum of one of the following designations, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Director of Safety (CDS) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM) and others. Associates must acquire all required state certifications.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in safety, science, engineering, fire protection or construction management preferred.
- Experience: Typically, 10 or more years of commercial loss control or related experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A