Website Los Angeles World Airports
Responsible for handling cargo throughput in both import and export operations.
- Adhere to all safety rules and communicate any safety issue or property damage immediately to a supervisor or manager. Wear a safety vest at all times while on duty.
- Transfer and move cargo within our warehouse and other facilities on the airport as required to fulfill the company’s handling obligations.
- Check documentation for instructions such as: priority breakdown or special handling requirements, etc.
- Unload and verify receipt of all manifested cargo while notating any deviations in cargo manifested against the cargo received. Separate, placard and store in specified import locations.
- Perform inventories of import cargo, as required, and generate export post flight on-hand lists as requested.
- Receive, verify piece counts, check/confirm weight, check for damage and take dimensions of export cargo. Store for exportation and loading in designated areas by destination and carrier.
- Process import deliveries as noted on the delivery authorization document(s) ensuring accuracy of the piece count and importing customer information.
- Load export cargo (by checking the booking list) on/in carrier Unit Load Devices (ULD’s) securing freight for shipment using nets and tie-down equipment. Ensure the build-up of cargo is in a configuration compatible to the carrier’s aircraft.
- General housekeeping in warehouse, maintenance and ramp areas, empty trash cans.
- Communicate to lead or supervisor materials/equipment needs, based upon supplies on hand and equipment operation, including reporting on defective, disabled equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead agent
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to obtain U.S. Customs seal and license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).
Company: Los Angeles World Airports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A