Website Nissan Motor Corporation
This position is responsible for supporting the energy and utilities management programs of Nissan’s manufacturing and non-manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada. This position contributes to the achievement of the energy program goals and commitments. This is a collaborative position that interfaces with top management, Production, Finance, and Purchasing Departments.
- Develop regional energy targets and action plans for GHG performance that align with the Nissan Green Program.
- Lead and/or support regional energy reduction activities such as Energy Treasure Hunts, energy audits, and training.
- Interact with local and regional utility providers to minimize cost and risk.
- Develop and support regional reporting of utilities budgets and GHG performance.
- Support Nissan’s ISO 50001 energy management system and Federal energy efficiency programs (e.g., the EPA’s ENERGY STAR and DOE’s Better Buildings programs).
- Develop business cases and submittals for annual capital energy reduction projects.
- Develop and lead breakthrough initiatives related to improving energy performance such as implementation of new technologies, energy projects, and employee engagement.
- Occasional day and overnight travel.
- C.E.M., P.E., or CP-EnMS preferred.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, work toward objectives
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree from an ABET-accredited university program is required (Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum of 3-5 years related energy engineering experience. Existing Engineer 1 and recent graduate candidates may also be considered.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet development, chart or trend analysis, and power point presentation.
- Candidate should possess a working knowledge of linear regression modeling, chillers, cooling towers, HVAC systems, natural gas boilers, compressed air systems, and pumping systems.
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving aptitude.
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decherd, TN, USA
Application Deadline: N/A