Website Honda Motor Company
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, you are responsible for successful development and launch of New Models while achieving model and business E-A00 targets. Manage all aspects of model fixture development from concept to mass production readiness for manufacturing department.
- Determine Paint department’s assigned components (fixtures, jigs, carts, racks…etc.) needs, including inventory quantities for the new model and/or characteristic change points and related impact. Develop department strategies and targets to meet or exceed project A00’s / A0’s based on previous model reflections, and MMC direction and targets
- Design and Develop component prototype for test and trial to verify performance results to meet manufacturing requirements. Prepare evaluation materials to meet required schedules using standardized formats that accurately represent project status vs the evaluation criteria so that evaluator(s) can make good judgment.
- Research, stay current, and benchmark latest Technology for the benefit of continuous SEQCDM improvements.
- Develop and manage a fixture activity schedule (SAP) in correlation with project schedules, to ensure implementation and readiness prior to introduction. Track and report project progress and status to achieve results. Understand and routinely communicate project information to team and customers (ADC leadership team, dept project team, PEn, RO Safety, and MMC).
- Establish and manage mass production component/fixture receiving schedule to ensure mass production readiness (quantity and quality) and design spec is met.
- Generate, maintain, and update a department fixture manual to provide access to past problem history and design characteristics for future considerations.
- Lead and support collaborative problem solving activity with related departments.
- Confirm manufacturing impact through Design Development timing. Complete studies correlating to design development data and drawing releases, as well as DE correlation.
- Develop capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in area of technical expertise and understanding for succession planning and team growth.
- Prepare design bid packet to determine maker layout to order fixtures for mass production needs.
- Data gathering for application characteristics.
- Develop and manage investment and expense budgets to achieve overall project cost targets. Execute and manage the plan while leading New Model activity considering all projects including T stage maturation to allocate appropriate resources, minimize conflicts, maximize efficiency, and track / report project progress to achieve results.
- Cost associated with fixturing.
- Decision making, communicating changes to others, hands-on assembly in fast-paced production environment, root cause analysis, strong communication skills, collaboration with teams, self-driven.
- Studies impacting processing body through department
- Fixture design to meet manufacturing requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing) or equivalent experience.
- Catia, 3D design, 2D drawing, 5S, Project Management
Company: Honda Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raymond, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A