This opportunity is for a Senior Counsel within the Hyatt Corporate Legal Department headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. This position works within the global operations/commercial services group in the Legal Department and involves interaction at all levels of the corporation, both within the corporate offices and hotels in the field. This position will have primary responsibility to support core hotel operations functions.
- Provide advice and draft correspondence related to guest/vendor disputes.
- Provide advice to hotels on innkeeper issues.
- Provide advice regarding owner disputes.
- Support and oversight for hotel transitions.
- Support Corporate Communications on hotels issues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with support staff and paralegals.
- Provide guidance on safety and security concerns.
- Provide support for vendor and sales process/resources.
- Review and draft vendor and sales contracts.
- Candidate must have excellent project management skills
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a team
- Superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines in a dynamic and growing company.
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, analytic and computer (Word, Excel and Internet) skills are each a must.
- Candidate’s experience is preferable in one or more of the following: commercial transactions, litigation, commercial contracts, employment law or internal investigations.
- Work involving multi-national companies, cross-border disputes or negotiations, or the application of international law, is a plus.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization, research, interpersonal, analytic and computer (Word, Excel, Internet research) skills are a must.
- Must be collaborative and able to work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-7 years of legal experience in either a private law firm or in-house counsel position.
- Experience in commercial transactions or disputes, evaluating risk, and providing legal advice directly to clients is desirable.
- Prior experience working in a service industry or providing legal services in the hospitality industry not required, but it is helpful.
- Candidate will a degree from a four-year college with a strong academic performance and an interest in learning more about the practice of law.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A