Website Honda Motor Company
In this role, you are responsible for Successful development and launch of New Models to achieve model and business E-A00 targets. Manage all aspects of model development from concept to mass production for manufacturing department..
- Execute & manage the plan (SAP) while lead New Model activity considering all projects including T stage maturation to allocate appropriate resources, minimize conflicts, maximize efficiency, and track / report project progress to achieve results.
- Understand and routinely communicate project information to team and customers (ADC leadership team, dept project team, PEn, RO Safety, and MMC)
- Understand overall design direction; ensure team is collaborating with design team and champion modifications to design to guarantee department characteristics and achievement of SEQDCM targets.
- Correlate new model activity with other new model projects and MMC to ensure adequate timing and resources. PDCA as required.
- As the first level evaluator for the department, ensure departments best interest is represented for project and MMC
- Develop department strategies and targets to meet or exceed project A00’s / A0’s based on previous model reflections, and MMC direction and targets
- Manage investment, expense budgets and manpower requirements to help achieve overall new model project cost target and future operating expenses.
- Lead the development of the department project SAP for each development stage to include new strategies, technologies, previous model reflections, business plan linkage, future innovation, and each group / categories detailed tasks.
- For Global or multi-factory models, correlate on development activity and travel requirements with NA and 4MOC teams
- Identify, prioritize and communicate concerns; lead and support related groups to perform high speed PDCA resolving issues.
- Develop capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in area of technical expertise for personal and team growth.
- Prepare evaluation materials to meet required schedules using standardized formats that accurately represent project status vs the evaluation criteria so that evaluator(s) can make good judgment.
- Work with T stage leadership to develop a T stage transition plan and support implementation.
- Successful communications across all levels and varying functions in the organization.
- Decision making, communicating changes to others, hands-on assembly in fast-paced production environment, root cause analysis, strong communication skills, collaboration with teams, self-driven.
- Achieving target for model development in SQDCM categories.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Project Management) or equivalent experience
- 2 years in manufacturing department
- Project management
Company: Honda Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raymond, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A