Website Honda Motor Company
This role will be responsible for prototype vehicle preparation for crash tests with an emphasis on Battery Electric Vehicles. This consists of installing instrumentation and programming Data Acquisition for High Voltage in vehicle components and ATD’s. The Associate will be required to assemble and disassemble the vehicle for part application and instrumentation install. The candidate should understand FMVSS test modes and be able to apply this knowledge to internal testing protocols. This individual plays a supporting role, performing daily assigned tasks, researching new tools or processes and proposes improvements to leadership while carrying out the mission to provide safe, accurate and efficient test services in a culture that people want to be a part of.
- On Prototype Vehicles, conducts and/or supports all standard and nonstandard testing in area of specialty to confirm regulatory (FMVSS)/internal(A0) standards & requirements are being met. This includes Programming Data Acquisition, determining Instrumentation mounting location and installing Instrumentation (Accelerometers, Load Cells, Strain Gages, & Potentiometers) per SAE J211. Installing and confirming Instrumentation on Anthropomorphic Test Devices. Design and build fixtures for mounting Data Acquisition, High Speed Video and Ballast. Documentation of the test process and test results.
- Perform vehicle and/or parts modifications, removals and/or installations, including preparing mock-ups, modifying existing vehicles per testing requirements and performing electrical work and/or fabrication processes to produce operational test vehicles.
- Maintains all assigned testing equipment in good working order, including performing routine replacement of parts, schedule non-routine repairs through LT, and maintaining/updating equipment maintenance documentation/logs.
- Collaborates with external departments, applies well developed knowledge and understanding of procedures/techniques and instrumentation used in standard testing to conduct assigned specialized tests, troubleshooting problems that may occur with testing. Additionally, use expertise/experience to assist in development of non-standard testing methods or investigations.
- Create/maintain testing and operational procedure manuals / documentation in area of specialty, including preparing periodic operational reports as requested and identifying process/equipment improvements that support overall quality/efficiency and promote accuracy and precision in testing and data collection.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot basic test equipment
- Well-developed skills/techniques in test preparation/execution
- Competent communication, interpersonal, presentation, team building skills
- Must be able to possess a high level of confidentiality
- Competent time management, multi-tasking, judgement skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform light fabrication, disassembly/reassembly
- Strong mechanical and/or electronics experience/skills
- Competent knowledge of test equipment/machinery to perform the job (Data acquisition, CMM, high speed video, CAD, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum HS, Associates in Automotive, Electronic or Mechanical Technology preferred
- 4 Years Laboratory Testing Experience
Company: Honda Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raymond, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A