Website Honda Motor Company
Associate will perform vehicle body and chassis reliability-based testing in a lab environment. Associate will be responsible for vehicle setup, controlling hydraulic actuators, data collection of instrumentation, interval inspections and documentation. This individual plays a supporting role, performing daily assigned tasks, researching new tools or processes and proposes improvements to leadership while carrying out the mission to provide safe, accurate and efficient test services in a culture that people want to be a part of.
- Collaborates with external departments, applies well developed knowledge and understanding of procedures/techniques and instrumentation used in standard testing to conduct assigned specialized tests, troubleshooting problems that may occur with testing. Additionally, use expertise/experience to assist in development of non-standard testing methods or investigations.
- Perform vehicle and/or parts modifications, removals and/or installations, including preparing mock-ups, modifying existing vehicles per testing requirements and performing electrical work and/or fabrication processes to produce operational test vehicles. Maintains all assigned testing equipment in good working order, including performing routine replacement of parts, schedule non-routine repairs through LT, and maintaining/updating equipment maintenance documentation/logs.
- Create/maintain testing and operational procedure manuals / documentation in area of specialty, including preparing periodic operational reports as requested and identifying process/equipment improvements that support overall quality/efficiency and promote accuracy and precision in testing and data collection.
- On prototype vehicles and components, conducts and/or supports all standard/non-standard testing in area of specialty to confirm regulatory/internal (A0/B0) requirements are being met. This includes setting up/executing tests, installing/adapting complex equipment to obtain accurate results, program and tune hydraulic test cell profiles, perform all inspections (fastener torque & clamp load, die penetrant micro-fracture), setup and monitor instrumentation (camera system, accelerometers, load cells, strain gages, LVDT’s & potentiometers). As needed; create transducers by modifying components or fasteners, apply strain gages, calibrate, install, and review data.
- Competent knowledge of test equipment/machinery to perform the job (Data acquisition, CMM, hydraulic control systems, etc.)
- Well-developed skills/techniques in test preparation/execution
- Strong mechanical and/or electronics experience/skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot basic test equipment
- Demonstrated ability to perform light fabrication, disassembly/reassembly
- Competent time management, multi-tasking, judgement skills
- Competent communication, interpersonal, presentation, team building skills
- Must be able to possess a high level of confidentiality
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum HS, Associates in Automotive, Electronic or Mechanical Technology preferred
- 4 Years Laboratory Testing Experience
Company: Raymond, OH, USA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raymond, OH, USA
Application Deadline: N/A