Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
No moving, relocation or pre-employment travel expenses will be paid for this position, or while in application for this position. This position is not a law enforcement position and therefore, is not covered by Law Enforcement Availability Pay or Law Enforcement Retirement. Per the President’s 2014 Fair Employment memo , TSA policy is to not adversely consider a candidate based on unemployment or financial difficulty through no fault of their own. For more information on the Fair Employment policy, see “Additional Resources” here .
- Selective Service Registration Requirement: TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. To find out if you initially meet the Selective Service registration requirement for TSA employment, please Click Here.
- Credit: Applicants must not have delinquent Federal or State taxes, or past due child support payments.
- E-Verify: DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights and responsibilities.
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males born after 12/31/59)
- Mandatory travel for training and occasional travel may be required
- Residency Requirement: To ensure adequate background investigative coverage, applicants are required to have resided within the United States for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position. For those applicants who do not meet this residency requirement, an exception may be granted under the following circumstances – (1) applicant worked for U.S. Government in foreign countries in federal civilian or military capacities; (2) applicant was or is a dependent accompanying a federal civilian or military employee serving in foreign countries; (3) applicant who studied abroad at a U.S. affiliated college or university; or (4) applicant who has a current and adequate federal background investigation completed for a federal or Government contractor position.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Application Deadline: N/A