The Total Rewards Manager is responsible to manage the day-to-day operations and communication of all benefit and compensation processes, programs and plans for the US. This role operates as a strategic partner with the business to ensure that H&M’s Total Rewards programs and tools continue to evolve to support the company’s strategic priorities and reflect external best practices.
- Develop business requirements for Total Rewards tools.
- Leads the coordination and administration of the Company’s Relocation Policy.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and effective benefits communication strategy.
- Maintain relationships with external consultancies, industry groups and thought leaders to promote leading Total Rewards practices, internally and externally.
- Audits and streamlines benefits routines to ensure timely and fiscally responsible administration as well as compliance.
- Lead development of strategy and/or design of compensation, benefits and wellness programs that supports the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines.
- Evaluate, redesign, and administer health and welfare, retirement and leave benefit programs to increase effectiveness and impact of programs, while ensuring coordination and understanding of programs and compliance with state/government regulations.
- Recruits, selects, trains and develops, coaches and retains a high performing Total Rewards team.
- Collaborate with key cross functional stakeholders (e.g. HR, Legal, Finance, Employee Health & Safety) as required to define and implement strategies or ensure proper execution of baseline activities.
- Support 401k and ESOP overview and administration with Benefits Administrator.
- Ensures compliance with FMLA, ADA and any LOA specific state laws.
- Partner with Communications Team to enhance Total Rewards communication and understanding among employees and within the Human Resources function.
- Monitor market external regulatory trends and emerging “best practices” to ensure that H&M’s Total Rewards programs remain market competitive.
- Serves as liaison to our Benefits, 401k, and ESOP brokers to market H&M’s benefits plans to secure the best plan for the company and employees.
- Lead core Total Rewards processes including salary benchmarking, developing salary ranges and bonus levels, job evaluation, managing the annual merit cycle, annual benefits enrollment and championing wellness initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point to employees, managers and HR Representatives for all Total Reward programs.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ideally previous experience handling Benefits programs in a corporate setting.
- Ability to work with internal customers on a day to day basis and understand and meet their needs.
- Ability to be neutral and confidential and deal with sensitive information.
- Solid knowledge of employment law such as worker’s compensation, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- At least 6 years’ experience in an HR/Benefits administrative role.
- Working knowledge of health and welfare benefits plans and their administration.
- Strong knowledge of H&M HR practices, policies and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Ability to convince managers on value of Benefits practices.
- Skilled at solving conflicts in a direct but positive way.
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of employees.
- Possess strong judgment in evaluating options when escalated issues occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- Strong brand ambassador
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to make complex policies cater to the population.
- Ability to work in a team or independently on assigned projects.
- Negotiating skills and ability to find solutions.
- 7+ years of management experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Secaucus, NJ, USA
Application Deadline: N/A