Website US Environmental Protection Agency
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at EPA. Our excellence can only be fully realized by staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates are committed to advancing equity and inclusion in the Agency’s workplace and mission. We encourage applications from candidates with a variety of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance. At EPA, diversity is a vital element in bringing a balance of perspectives to bear on every challenge we face. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce because we know that the individual strengths and abilities of our employees make us a stronger organization. The more inclusive our employee base is, the greater the variety of ideas that are generated, and the more representative we are of the nation we serve. To learn more about how EPA values and supports our diverse workforce, visit Equal Opportunity Employment at EPA .
- Background Investigation Required
- You must submit a resume and required documents–see How to Apply section.
- If you are selected, you may be required to complete a one-year trial period.
- If you are selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure form within 30 days of your first day of employment and annually thereafter.
- This is a term position (see Other Information on assignment limits).
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a top-secret security clearance.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- This position is designated as High Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation. All conditions of the pre-employment security process must be met before an official letter of employment can be issued with a report for duty date.
- Pre-employment drug testing is required and random testing thereafter.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service performing all of the following:
- Utilize computer software programs to collect cyber related data;
- Utilize fact-finding methods and/or analysis to conduct trend analysis and statistical studies pertaining to crimes of fraud, waste, or abuse;
- Assist with the preparation of cyber related investigations;
- Prepare reports and/or technical information related to fraud, waste, or abuse.
- A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%.
- To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12.
- Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.);
Company: US Environmental Protection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A