Website The Walt Disney Company
From toys to apparel, books to games, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20CS, National Geographic and Star Wars, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The Manager is responsible for managing a group of product categories and licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
- Responsible for new business and revenue growth opportunities with existing licensees.
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for assigned categories.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property for multiple franchises.
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant.
- Acts as ambassador for the category. Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Support leadership in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Manage licensee portfolio / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising) as well as day-to-day relationship with licensees.
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
- Ensures licensee requests are researched and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
- Provide any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other CPGP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Consumer Products initiatives.
- Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems
- Analytical/Strategic Thinker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast pace environment
- Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 yrs. of directly related experience.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Application Deadline: N/A