Website The Walt Disney Company
The Sr. Research Analyst, Content Sales Research, will participate in the collection, analysis and communication of data intended to gauge the performance of a wide variety of Disney-produced and Disney-licensed program content across markets and platforms. The scope of research includes work on broadcast and cable syndication, domestic and international streaming (SVOD and AVOD), media networks, and content sales strategy. The individual will have experience with many forms of media research, ideally with a background in television (national and local), streaming, and digital methodologies. The Sr. Research Analyst will be naturally curious, proactive, and detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Reporting and analysis crafted via the use of Nielsen local and national ratings, in service of both broadly distributed communications intended to grow organizational knowledge, and custom requests from sales teams to answer client-specific questions.
- Create collateral for sales team in support of program clearance and renewal negotiations.
- Mine data to aid in crafting of guidance provided to internal teams regarding content creation and acquisition.
- Create collateral for content sales team that utilize data and insights generated from cadenced and custom work.
- Reporting and analysis crafted via the use of first party analytics sources.
- Provide cadenced and ad hoc reporting of streaming performance (SVOD and AVOD) for domestic and international platforms.
- Participate in research in support of Content Sales Strategy division, a group with a focus on all aspects of content sales strategy and development, deal analysis, global rights management, and engagement with key internal stakeholders within DMED and DGE.
- Provide cadenced and ad hoc reporting of broadcast and cable syndicated programming.
- Knowledge of media math concepts and data analysis.
- Sound mathematical ability, and experience with quantitative analysis.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and display strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Windows-based PC applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Nielsen and digital research tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Comscore/Rentrak, Google Analytics).
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree. 2-3 years of experience in media research.
- Experience with software such as SPSS, Tableau and Domo .
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A