Website The Walt Disney Company
The candidate must have experience explaining complex concepts and workflows to partners and senior leadership who are non-technical. We are seeking someone adopting a broader enterprise view to define solutions for the organization who demonstrates a history of successful builds and can identify and prioritize opportunities to improve the learner experience in the digital landscape.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Determine operational feasibility and recommend optimal/potential solutions (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development).
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential ensuring architectures are secured to the standards of Global IT security and Workforce Technology.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance
- Prepare solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Enterprise learning technology testing across multiple segment/department/teams
- Work alongside a small product team to help contribute to enhancing the Walt Disney Company employee career, learning and development digital experience along with system improvements that impact the business and employee experience at large.
- Ownership of engineering work for learning; ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch, monitor and maintain
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Stay up to date with industry trends by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and equipment. Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain personal networks, and participate in professional organizations. Understand how changes can impact our business and raise concerns and/or propose solutions to mitigate.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Intentionally seek out a diverse range of perspectives and partners to create an inclusive approach to problem-solving
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Kubernetes
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce development best practices and appropriate design patterns
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, multi-faceted environment – where exploration and stretch goals are encouraged
- Optimism towards challenges of current HR systems along with a desire to identify opportunities for workarounds
- Ability to develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner is essential
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Experience leading a project focusing on communication, mentorship, team ethics, collaboration and organizational skills
- Experience with server-side scripting like PHP or a similar object-oriented server-side scripting language
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Application Deadline: N/A