Website The Walt Disney Company
The Product Integrity department manages the safety and compliance of products being sold or distributed with Disney brands, characters and other intellectual property. Our corporate Product Integrity group is staffed with experienced engineers and safety professionals around the world verifying product compliance.
The Engineer, Product Integrity will support product compliance activities for global vertical retail. We are looking for entry-level experience that has engineering judgment and decision making under the supervision and leadership of the manager. Knowledge of regulatory requirements of multiple countries is a plus.
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to Disney Sourcing, Brand Merchandising, Central Creative, and suppliers regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Review Product packaging and labeling for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned Disney Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time
- Successful candidates will have 3 or more years of consumer product compliance experience.
- Technical knowledge of international consumer product rules and regulations
- Should have recent experience working in a consumer product company with a variety of consumer product categories distributed into multiple global regions and can speak to the requirements in each country/region including packaging and labeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to showcase those skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient with Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A