Website The Walt Disney Company
This department is responsible for scheduling promotional and branding elements that air nationally each day directly on the linear FX Networks. These elements support award-winning FX Original Programming and acquired movies, as well as those of synergy partners across the entire corporation including Disney+, ABC, ESPN, NatGeo, Freeform, and Hulu. Each day the team strives to put together the best promotional message while navigating a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, interested-in learning about the on-air promotional process, and eager to collaborate with a diverse team of entertainment and pop culture enthusiasts.
- Additional duties include: Administrative support on AV/barter spots, cross-channel assistance, VOD scheduling, trafficking support, credit squeeze placement, contingency log creation, maintenance of the department’s format sheet reference materials, and back-up promo lists for live programming.
- The Administrator of FX Networks’ On-Air Promotions Scheduling is responsible for assisting OAP personnel in a variety of tasks that enable the accurate scheduling and delivery of the network’s daily broadcast log.
- Schedules on-air promo elements into the company’s traffic system (i.e. promos, interstitials, added-value elements, cross-channel/synergy, program intros, promo advisories, etc.). Assists other scheduling personnel in a variety of tasks in order to deliver an accurate daily broadcast log that promotes programs/movies to increase ratings.
- The Administrator work with OAP departments across the FX suite of networks to ensure the success of all.
- Duties include: heavy, daily promo-data entry, interacting with Commercial Administration department about log issues and tasks; assist with scheduling automation elements, and cooperating on tasks that crossover with the FXS Operations department.
- The Administrator position is a deadline-oriented role that directly impacts the look and quality of the FX networks.
- Assists OAP Trafficking and Operations personnel in scheduling-related tasks as directed.
- Creates the daily credit squeeze promo grids and back-up/contingency promo lists
- Maintains format sheet materials and various reference files.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills are necessary. Must have ability to multitask, effectively coordinate changing priorities, and handle tight deadlines. Ability to work closely with others a must. General knowledge of linear broadcast logs is a plus.
- At least 1 year of prior work or internship experience in the television industry, experience related to scheduling, operations and/or post production strongly preferred.
- A general knowledge of the television industry is important. Strong knowledge of current TV industry/landscape/formats.
- Extremely detail oriented. Must thrive on working in an intense, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to make decisions and suggestions on placement of promos based on priorities and audience composition is requested. Familiarity with basic addition and subtraction of time (hours, minutes, and seconds) needed.
- Strong communication skills are required. Communication with various departments required on a daily basis.
- Familiarity with any of the broadcast-log computer systems a plus. Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook required.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A