As a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Provider), you will provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients 18 months and older. You will have the tools, training and resources to help us with our CVS Health mission of helping people on their path to better health. You will report to the Senior Practice Manager
- Offer, order and administer immunizations and injections (to include but not limited to COVID19, influenza, TB, Depo) and provides evidence-based patient/parent vaccine counseling and education
- Provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients. This includes education and treatment for pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infection (STI) Prevention and safer sex practices.
- Complete the DOT certification exam within 30 days of employment
- Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in additional languages not limited to but including Spanish
- Pass a FIT test and wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires. This applies to all clinics that have a co-located point of care COVID-19 testing site
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- Minimum of two years of medically-relevant experience or equivalent
Qualification & Experience:
- Or in select states, Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (or other health-related Master’s Degree or equivalent experience together with Bachelors of Science in Physician Assistant Studies) with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the role
- Experience with Epic.
- Previous experience in ER, Urgent Care, Primary Care, ICU or retail health is preferred.
- If less than 1 year of work experience as a licensed provider, prior student precepting rotation with MinuteClinic is preferred, but not required.
- Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A