The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) job is a development focused role that is crafted to prepare you for a CVS Store Manager position.
The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future store leader. We support your development towards the store manager role by participating in a self-paced, collaborative training over the span of 16 weeks.
We provide both virtual and hands on learning experiences to develop you as a leader. Our team of people, that support your growth toward your leadership career include: your District Leader, Human Resources Business Partner, Training Store Manager, and your Store Manager coach.
- Actively engage with your leader in Key Learning Experiences to support you on your path to promotion during the structured program.
- Perform customer care duties to provide high levels of service.
- Be willing to accept promotion roles with the market that you work in.
- Support your store as management team member and lead in a manner that is consistent with CVS values and policies.
- Manage the store inventory and assets to maintain profitability.
- Execute merchandising strategies to support store sales growth.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing to support and lead your team.
- Engage your colleagues in support of the company’s purpose of “helping people on their path to better health.”
- Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business needs.
- Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any location in the designated market.
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to transfer to other CVS Pharmacy stores located within the designated market.
- Retail management experience, or experience as a CVS Supervisor
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A